VCI film safeguards metal from rust and corrosion in two ways. It not only provides a physical barrier that keeps metal parts clean and free from moisture, dust and contaminants, VCI film also releases its rust-eradicating vapor corrosion inhibitor (aka, VCI) to form a blanket of protection on the surface of metal that is only 2-3 molecules thick. VCI film can be manufactured in many forms including rolls, sheets, VCI bags or tubing and it is an easy-to-use, clean and dry packaging option for metal and metal parts.
VCI film is created when linear, low density polyethylene (poly film) is impregnated with vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) but take note, there’s no birds-and-the-bees twist to this union — instead, the result is VCI film.
To prevent rust using VCI film, wrap metal/metal parts in VCI film or place them in a VCI poly bag and seal — there’s no messy grease or oil to apply. Once metal/metal parts are enclosed, the VCI activates to form a layer of protection on the surface of the metal parts that displaces moisture and repels rust. Viola – it’s easy, peasy!
Armor Protective Packaging® (our friends call us Eradicators of Rust) offers a full line of ARMOR POLY® VCI film products that will knock your socks off (while preventing rust). Check them out!
- ARMOR POLY® — A Multi-functional Film for Multi-Metal Protection
- ARMOR DEFENDER™ — Tough-As-Nails Protection that Doesn’t Break the Bank
- ARMOR CRUSADER™ — A Rust-Preventing Powerhouse for the Long Haul
- ARMOR FOUNDRY™ Film — Foundry-specific Design Protects Metals from the Harsh Conditions of Foundries, Stamping Plants or Machine Shops
- ARMOR SEA Film™ — Extreme Protection for Extreme/Outdoor Conditions
- ARMOR POLY® Stretch and Banding Film — Stretch-and-Secure Rust Prevention